Thursday, November 11, 2010

It looms. Metallic, glittering, purple supporting a golden goblet, topped with a golden winged woman.Her hair is perfect. All of this nestled atop a marble slab dubbing me the queen of the lakes. oh yes. i was a pageant baby.
Ears pierced at six weeks
First perm at three years.
Tap dance, Ballet, scratchy dresses, curling iron burns, frilly underpants, lipstick, rouge...everything.
I would refuse to wear the shoes, but my mother insisted that i would be a princess, and being a itty bitty attention whore of a child, i thought that being a princess sounded like a wonderful bargain for having to squeeze my pudgy little sausage toes into those shiny shoes.
Oh and there was a four foot my three foot portrait of my above the entrance living room my entire life, till recently when i went to my old house, where my drug addicted alcoholic dad lives now and peeled it off the wall...so now i have this giant portrait of myself, glowing, caked in make up, conniving, plotting smile,  the light of god shining down on my perm to show off the new highlights. Might i add, this was in a crystal white child's pageant dress also.
what the hell do i do with something like that?

The world of children pageants has drastically changed since i was a child, well, in hindsight the exposure of children to the cut throat and blood thirsty world of pageantry is left to the deranged and Disney moms. But now its gotten even crazier.
Check this ridiculous shit out

Shes like six...


TWELVE YEAR OLD OR NEW ANCHOR LADY???

No comments:

Post a Comment